Imagine it’s a sunny morning and you are out running some errands, suddenly you see a bee coming towards your way and you run for your life. This must-have happened to everyone. Bees are the scariest kinds of insects because their sting is awfully hurtful. There is a lot of confusion in the identification of wasps and bees. Once in your life, you must have run from a wasp thinking that it was a bee.
Knowing the difference between a wasp and a bee is very important. So that you can identify how to get rid of them. And also figure out the required form of pest control to get these insects out of your site. In this blog, we will tell you how to identify a wasp and a bee by their appearance.
How To Recognize A Wasp?
Wasps are very dangerous because they are aggressive little creatures whose sting is very painful. Not only that their sting is painful but their sting can be deadly for some people who are allergic to anaphylactic. If you ever have a reaction from wasp sting you will immediately need medical supervision. Most children get stung by them. Because wasps usually make their nest near human dwellings where children play.
- Body: Wasp’s body is joined to its waist. They are leaner than bees and they have lengthier legs.
- Colour: Wasps have a brighter colour than bees. They have beaming yellow stripes on them. So whenever you spot a flashing yellow insect, most probably it is a wasp.
- Behavior: Wasps are more violent than bees. They get irritated very easily. Also, They love fluttering around humans and food. So if you spot bright yellow insects hovering around your garbage, most likely they are wasps.
- Nest: Wasps make their nests from wood pulp. Which is chewed by them at the beginning of the year. Their nests are most likely to be near woods. In the beginning, their nests are small but slowly their nests can get bigger than a basketball.
How To Recognize A Bee?
Honey bees are also very threatening as their sting is also very aching. Their sting can be very dangerous for the people who are allergic to the venom they excrete from their stinger. Their stinging is their defence mechanism. They usually sting when they feel that they are in danger or their colony is in danger. The venom of a bee sting can have side effects like sickness and dizziness.
- Body: The most distinguishing feature of bees from wasps is that bees are hairy whereas wasps are not. As well as bees are rounder and thicker in size than a wasp. So to identify them you should look at their waist.
- Colour: It has always been a myth that bees are yellow in colour whereas bees have a brownish-orange colour.
- Behavior: Bees are submissive little creatures. They live in their own world. They do not attack humans unless they feel threatened by them. Stinging is their defense mechanism. As well as you will mostly find bees hovering around flowers and bushes rather than human food.
- Nest: The nests of bees are known as honeycomb. They make the honeycomb using beeswax. Bees usually form their nests in hollow places.
Do You Have A Wasp Nest Around Your House? Take Professional Help
Pest Control Waikiki is here to help you with your pest control problems. We have the best pest control team to rescue you from problems like these and save your time and efforts. The services we deliver are very cost-efficient. We are available for the customers 24*7. You can contact us anytime if you want for expert advice or assistance we will be always available at your doorstep to help you. To hire our professionals to contact us on 08 7079 4617. You can also book us online.